Post the treasures you find at Spring Swap, Mend & Make on social media for a chance to win our zero waste prize pack!
We want you to act like you’re a big-shot YouTube blogger showing off your shopping haul – only better because you didn’t have to spend any money or destroy the planet in the process!
At our Spring Swap, Mend & Make event this Sunday, April 21 we’ll have a photo station set up for you to take photos with your new found treasures (and yes, that photo station will involve a shopping cart that you are welcome to sit in!). Post those photos on social media using the hashtag #SwapHaul and tag the Toronto Tool Library on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for your chance to win the following prize pack:
- a $25 gift card for Common Sort
- a mason jar filled with package-free laundry soap & dryer balls from bare market
- laundry stain removal stick + clothes pegs in a cloth bag from Hera & Co.
- a free rental from Freshrents
- a rain jacket from Patagonia Toronto made with 100% recycled nylon face fabric worth $160
Winner will be contacted on their post a couple of days after the swap. The social media account you use to enter the giveaway must be public for us to see it.
Happy swapping and THANK YOU to all the businesses that have donated the items for the giveaway!
Everything you need to know about the swap this weekend:
Swap into spring! Clear out your closets, book shelves and treasure chests and swap for new-to-you treasures! We’re partnering with Birth Mark and Centre for Social Innovation to bring you the swapping event of the season on April 21.
In addition to the swap, we will have making and mending stations. Creative Reuse Toronto will be facilitating a rug-making activity and we’ll have a station set up for textile repairs (sewing machines & hand-sewing).
Want to VOLUNTEER?
5 swap tickets and pizza lunch provided for volunteers. Contact Matt email@example.com
HOW IT WORKS:
Bring a maximum of 15 items in good condition (which includes a max of 2 stuffed animals). Exchange them for tickets and use your tickets to pick up items in the swap shop. Each item is worth one ticket.
You can drop your items off in advance at our 192 Spadina ave location during the week of April 15th during open hours.
Admission is $2 with advance drop off, $5 at the door OR pay-what-you-can. Children under 12 are free!
– Baby Supplies: Clothes, shoes, blankets, bottles, dishes, toys, & accessories
– Children’s Clothing & Toys: casual wear, outerwear, shoes, accessories, clean & working toys
– Clothing & Accessories: casual wear, work wear, fancy dress, handbags, jewellery, shoes, suits, jackets, outerwear, athletic wear, jeans, t-shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts, shorts, rompers, dress pants, jumpsuits, hoodies, scarves, hats, vintage items, silk tops, shoes, belts, athletic wear, etc.
– Housewares & Art: dishes, fine china, utensils, small appliances like blenders, juicers, bread makers, linens, quilts, lamps, framed art, ceramics, craft supplies, tools, small furniture like coffee tables or chairs
– Media/Entertainment: DVDs, Blurays, video games, books, CDs, cassettes, vinyl records, art supplies, & instruments
– Sports & Recreational Equipment: hockey gear, ski equipment, tennis rackets, soccer balls, skates, golf clubs, nets, free weights, yoga mats, jump ropes, rollerblades, boxing gloves, skateboards, & camping/hiking gear.
*PLEASE BYOB – BRING YOUR OWN BAG *
We will not be handing out plastic bags at this event. Please bring your own bags in which to carry your swap haul home in.
JELLYBEAN JAR GUESSING GAME
We will have a jar filled with bulk jelly beans from Bulk Barn at the door when you enter the swap. Guess the correct number of jelly beans in the jar and you will win a $50 gift card to Bulk Barn (and the jar of jelly beans, of course)!
Share more, waste less
“The miracle is this, the more we share, the more we have.” – Leonard Nimoy
Learn more about joining the Library of Things movement in Toronto.